I am a software engineer at Flexport where I help build scalable and performant services that make global trade super easy. Prior to that, I was at Intel working on performance optimization and benchmark analytics. Outside of my day job, I spend a lot of time thinking about DEI and the need for equity in Computer Science education.
I am a proud alum of UC Davis (go ags! 🐮) where I spent 6 wonderful years working on my Masters and Bachelors degree. Currently, I serve on the educational advisory board for the computer science department at UCD.
These are just random tidbits about myself:
- I am an ardent fan of tennis, cricket, and soccer.
- Over the weekends, I love to hike and explore the beautiful trails that California has to offer.
- I love a good cup of masala chai more than anything else
- Sudoku has always fascinated me. Solve some puzzles here
What I’ve been reading
- Predictably Irrational, Dan Ariely
- Muds, Rocks, Blazes: Letting Go on the Appalachian Trail, Heather “Anish” Anderson
Design and Evaluation of "The Missing CS Class," a Student-Led Undergraduate Course to Reduce the Academia-Industry GapIn Proceedings of the 53rd ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education V. 1 2022
Randomizing Malloc - Stomp the Code Monkeys2019